Come join us! The ODDC meets at least four times per year. All meetings are subject to the provisions of ORC 121.22, commonly known as Ohio's open meeting or Sunshine Law. However, committee starting times may change to accommodate the needs of speakers. We welcome and encourage visitors to come join us.
2017 Ohio DD Council Meetings
The following is a list of meeting dates for 2017. Agendas for the meeting are posted closer to the date of the meeting (see our Meeting Agendas page).
- March 2-3, 2017: Crown Plaza North - Worthington, 6500 Doubletree Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43229
- May 4-5, 2017: Doubletree Hotel - Newark, 50 N. 2nd Street, Newark, Ohio 43055
- July 13-14, 2017: Crown Plaza North - Worthington, 6500 Doubletree Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43229
- September 14-15, 2017: Doubletree Hotel - Newark, 50 N. 2nd Street, Newark, Ohio 43055
- November 2, 2017 - Competitive Grant Reviews - Location to be determined.
- December 7-8, 2017 - Location to be determined.
Typical Meeting Schedule
The following is the format of a typical two-day DD Council meeting. Some meetings are held for special purposes and will have a different agenda, such as the Competitive Grant Reviews meeting held in November.
- 9:45 - 11:15 Leadership Development Committee
- 11:25 - 12:55 Outreach Committee (working lunch)
- 1:00 - 2:30 Children's & Health Committee
- 2:35 - 4:05 Employment Committee
- 4:10 - 5:35 Community Living Committee
- 5:40 Executive Committee
- 9:15 - 10:45 Public Policy Committee
- 10:50 - 12:15 Assistive Technology Committee
- 12:30 - 2:30 Business Meeting (working lunch)
The Ohio DD Council follows Roberts Rules of Order during meetings. You can download a PowerPoint presentation of Roberts Rules of Order (PowerPoint)
or a PDF version of Roberts Rules of Order (PDF file)
to learn more.