The Ohio Developmental Disabilities Council (DD Council) welcomes applications for new membership. Recruitment of membership is always open so feel free to apply at any time.
Ohio DD Council membership requires that applicants must comply with categories listed in the federal DD Act. The categories are as follows:
- Individual with a developmental disability
- Parent or guardian of a child with a developmental disability
- An immediate relative or guardian of an adult with a mentally impairing developmental disability who cannot advocate for himself/herself
- An immediate relative or guardian or an institutionalized or previously institutionalized individual with a developmental disability or an individual with a developmental disability who resides or previously resided in an institution
- A representative from a private agency serving persons with developmental disabilities
- A representative from a private non-profit organization serving persons with developmental disabilities
If you fall under any of the above categories and are interested in becoming a DD Council member, please complete an application and send to the DD Council office as indicated below.
All candidates for DD Council membership should have experience serving on committees, boards, or organizations. Such experience concerned with persons with developmental disabilities would be especially relevant. Applicants should have first-hand knowledge about developmental disabilities in Ohio.
It is very important that applicants have time to attend six meetings per year and serve on at least two committees. Each meeting of the DD Council occurs over a two-day period.
Governor John Kasich will appoint members for three-year terms. Application packets are available from the DD Council office, may be downloaded from DD Council’s website or you may complete the application on-line (both DD Council's and the Governor's applications must be completed).
Request an application by mail, phone or email
You can request an application to be sent to you by mail, phone or email.
- By mail: Ohio DD Council, 899 East Broad Street, Suite 203, Columbus, Ohio 43205
- By phone: 614-466-5205 or toll-free 800-766-7426. If you are leaving a message, please spell out your name, and give your address including zip code, and phone number.
- By email: email@example.com
Download, print and mail the application
Download and print the applications the two applications listed below. Send by mail to Ohio DD Council, 899 East Broad Street, Suite 203, Columbus, Ohio 43205.
Complete your application online. Once you are finished, the application will be automatically emailed to DD Council.