One of the primary purposes of the Ohio DD Council is to offer grant opportunities. This is done in one of two ways:
- Specific Grant Requests: The Ohio DD Council will issue a "Notice of Funds Available" (NOFA) when applications are being accepted for a competitive grant opportunity.
- Discretionary Fund Requests: The Ohio DD Council has a "Discretionary Fund" available for people and organizations who send Council specific funding requests. Requests for this type of funding are accepted throughout the year.
Go to the DD Suite website to see current grant opportunities offered by the Ohio DD Council.
Currently Accepting Applications: Data and Policy Research Grant
Notice of Funds Available (NOFA) posted Monday, July 24, 2017
The Ohio Developmental Disabilities Council is seeking applicants for its Data and Policy Research Grant for the 2018 calendar year. The grant amount is $50,000 of federal funds and applications are due by Friday, October 6, 2017. The Council has developed 13 research topics that applicants can choose from when applying for the grant. Applications should focus on one topic and be written to that topic. All applications for this project are due at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Friday, October 6, 2017. The awarded project is scheduled to begin on January 1, 2018 and run until December 31, 2018.
Read the Notice of Funds Available to learn more about this grant opportunity.
How to apply for the grant:
- Go to the DD Suite website to see current grant opportunities offered by the Ohio DD Council. These opportunities will be listed under the "Notices of Funds Available (NOFA) - Ohio Developmental Disabilities Council" link on the DD Suite website.
- In addition to applying for the grant on DD Suite, applicants must complete an Assurances Document agreement.
- More information about applying for a grant and the grant approval process can be found in this booklet: Making Change Happen: 2017-2021 State Plan Proposal Kit
If you have any questions, please contact our office at 614-466-4205.