The Ohio Developmental Disabilities Council is made up of over 30 members, with the majority being individuals with developmental disabilities, and parents and guardians of people with developmental disabilities who are appointed by the Governor of Ohio. By the direction of our members, the Ohio DD Council funds grant projects that aim to enrich the lives of people with developmental disabilities with an emphasis on self-determination, diversity and inclusion. Through our work, the Council aims to:
- Advocate for people with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Initiate programs that enrich their lives.
- Demonstrate a consistent commitment to our mission.
- Educate about disability rights and the importance of self-determination.
- Encourage diversity and inclusion through our membership and activities.
Our mission is to create change that improves independence, productivity and inclusion for people with developmental disabilities and their families in community life.
The Ohio DD Council members meet throughout the year. Our next meeting will be on Friday, February 5, 2021. For more information, see the Council Meeting Schedule.