Being a member of the Ohio Developmental Disabilities Council means you will agree to do the following:
- Attend two (2) days of meetings, six (6) times per year.
- Attend Council's conferences and events.
- Participate in two (2) Committees of Council which meet during the regularly scheduled Council meetings.
- Participate in new member orientation sessions.
- Prepare for Council and Committee meetings by reading information sent to you from Council staff.
- Advocate for Council's Mission and Philosophy.
- Participate in the development of Council positions on matters of public policy.
- Have the ability to communicate either by voice, interpreter, signing, or communication device.
- Participate in at least one (1) grant review panel for the purpose of awarding DD Council funds.
- Read and respond to action alerts.
- Consult with Council staff as needed.
- Serve on various Council ad hoc groups.
- Represent Council at selected state or local events.
- Assume role of Committee Chair, if appointed.
- Mentor a new Council Member.
- Provide information to state and/or federal legislators.
- Share information between Council and other organizations, as appropriate.
- Serve on groups external to Council.
- Participate in visits to Council projects with Council staff.
Return to New Member Application page